Using with LabVIEW
Once you have installed the reflective memory module in a PXI or PXI Express hybrid slot of a NI PXI/PXI Express chassis, no additional hardware configuration is necessary to use it. Instead, you will need to do a software configuration, by installing the GE cPCI-5565PIORC driver.
The list of required softwares to use GE cPCI-5565PIORC:
To install the driver, follow the steps below:
- Download the driver version compatible with your LabVIEW environment.
- Unzip the files to the folder: <National Instruments>\LabVIEW xxxx\instr.lib\GE 5565 PIORC\
- The directory <National Instruments>\LabVIEW xxxx\instr.lib\GE 5565 PIORC\Public will contain two distinct setup files: GE5565PIORC_NetworkInterrupts.inf and GE5565_DMA_Interrupts.inf. Depending on your use case, choose only one of these .inf files to install. Currently the driver implementation supports only one type of interrupt mode at a time. The choices are network interrupts and DMA interrupts (see What are DMA and IRQ and What are They Used for in GPIB for more information on the difference between them). Network interrupt mode still allows for the use of DMA. The waiting mechanism for the DMA complete operation is a polling method in this case.
- After decided the setup installation file which will be used, to apply the contents of the file to the system's settings, copy the file to path stated below and reboot the computer.
|Operating System||File Path|
|PXI Pharlap RT||/ni-rt/system|
|PXI Linux RT||/etc/nipal/devinit.d|
Do not install both .inf files together. If you are using the reflective memory module with a real-time OS, you must remove the currently used version to change the .inf file. If you are using the module with a Windows computer, you can select the new .inf file in Windows Device Manager.Using with NI VeriStand
The GE cPCI-5565PIORC is natively compatible for use with the NI VeriStand software environment for configuring real-time testing applications. If you do not plan to use network interrupts, you can now use the reflective memory module. Please refer to How to Setup Reflective Memory Channels in VeriStand
. Native support for PXI Linux RT is added in VeriStand 2020 R2.
- The cPCI-5565PIORC is compatible with 32-bit version of LabVIEW only.
- The setup files GE5565PIORC_NetworkInterrupts.inf and GE5565_DMA_Interrupts.inf can be opened using any text editor. They have instructions for the installation for other platforms, like Windows Vista, Linux and Mac OS, as well as the uninstall instructions.
- NI only intended this card to be used with LabVIEW and NI Veristand. If you would like to use this in other programming environment, please reach out to Abaco Systems for support.