There are several reasons why you could be getting this error all relating to the NI-DAQmx driver you have installed. First, you will need to verify what version of NI-DAQmx and LabVIEW is installed
on your computer. Once you have verified the version of the NI-DAQmx driver that you have on your computer, check the following steps on the possible reasons for this error:
- You have an incompatible version of NI-DAQmx with LabVIEW:
To verify which version of NI-DAQmx you need with your version of LabVIEW, refer to this compatibility table
. Download and install the proper version from the NI-DAQmx driver page
. If you have several versions of LabVIEW installed and you can not find a single version of NI-DAQmx to support your ADEs, consider upgrading the code to a supported version.
- You have installed the NI-DAQmx driver before installing LabVIEW or your NI-DAQmx driver is corrupt:
This error occurs often when drivers are installed before LabVIEW. Force reinstalling or repairing the driver
should resolve the issue. Reinstalling or repairing the NI-DAQmx driver can also fix a corrupt driver installation by ensuring all files are properly removed.
- You only have NI-DAQmx Runtime installed, which is missing the Application Development Environment:
NI-DAQmx Runtime Driver does not include ADE Support which contains APIs for LabVIEW. To access ADE, you will need to download and install the full version of the NI-DAQmx driver. The full version will be listed as NI-DAQmx XX.X.X (without the phrases "Runtime" or "Configuration Support" included). To verify that you do not have the ADE Support driver installed, go to NI MAX > Select Software and Drivers and you should see three DAQmx drivers, if you do not see ADE Support then you need to download it.
- You did not use the DAQmx offline installer when you installed DAQmx to a system without an internet connection.
If you installed DAQmx on a system without an internet connection, make sure to use the offline installer
- If you continue to run into this issue after following the previous steps, please contact NI Support.