The DIAdem ANALYSIS
channel function Generate Time Channel
will create a Time channel type that contains absolute time.
- Enter the given Start time.
- In this case January 1, 2017 at 3:00 PM (15:00)
- Enter the given Time unit and Time step.
- Time step must be an integer value. In this case, the given sample rate 17.1 Hz time step is 58.4947 milliseconds. We will set Time unit to Microseconds and Time step to 58495.
- Entering a decimal value will give the following error.
- Select the Time domain specification to be Start/Step/Number if you have a set number of points to plot or Start/Step/End if you have an end time for the given test.
- In this case, we will select Start/Step/Number and Number of values as 1024 because we have 1024 data points.
The window will look like the following.
4. Click OK
to create a new Time channel in the default channel group.
5. Click the new TimeGenerated
Time channel, then click the data channel (in this case Speed
). Drag both into a DIAdem VIEW
or DIAdem REPORT 2D Axis Systems
to plot data over the absolute time.