Only cRIO controllers with NI-DAQ™mx capabilities (cRIO-904x and cRIO-905x) and cDAQ systems provide access to C Series modules through NI MAX. If you are using a cRIO-904x or cRIO-905x, please ensure that NI-DAQmx
is installed on your system. If NI-DAQmx is not installed, follow the instructions in the Getting Started with CompactRIO Hardware and LabVIEW
If you experience problems installing NI-DAQmx, you may need to reformat your cRIO device and reinstall the software
If you are using any other CompactRIO controller, C Series Modules will not be listed in NI MAX. Instead the two potential options you have for detecting the Modules are listed below:
- You can create a LabVIEW project and detect the modules as explained in Detect Your CompactRIO System using LabVIEW article.
- You can use NI Distributed System Manager (DSM) to access and monitor the inputs and outputs of the C Series Modules on your cRIO. To use NI Distributed System Manager follow the steps below.
- Install Distributed System Manager
- If you don't already have NI-RIO IO Scan and System State Publisher installed on your cRIO, you will need to install them as features.
- Once you have Distributed System Manager installed, follow the Monitor CompactRIO System Resources and I/O With the Distributed System Manager article to monitor your CompactRIO system.