This Select Source dialog box is appearing because there are software installer dependencies missing for your build. In order to build a new installer that contains a particular product, files from the original installer media of the selected product are required. For example, if you choose to include NI-DAQmx with your installer, the Application Builder could prompt you for the Device Driver CD that contains NI-DAQmx.
The solution to these dependency errors depends on how the software included in the installer was originally downloaded:
- If you downloaded the additional installer from ni.com/downloads and deleted the source, you will need to download the same version and unzip it again before you build, and point the Installer source location field to this new folder.
- Point the Select Source dialog to the directory in which setup.exe was extracted. For IVI drivers and self-extracting executables (.exe), the WinZip Self-Extractor extracts files to C:\National Instruments Downloads\. If your download came as a .zip file, extract the files, then point it to where the extracted setup.exe is located.
- If you installed your additional installer from a CD or USB, you will need to put that CD or USB into your drive before building your installer.
- If you installed from a network location, you will need to still have access to the files on the network drive or one of the two above options.
- If the software on the PC was installed from a LabVIEW-built installer, the "Select Source" dialog may reference that LabVIEW-built installer. You will have to point to that installer to get this dialog box to not come up anymore.
- If that doesn't work, force reinstall the same software stack as the computer that built the original installer to have fresh installs of the software with the setup files.
- You can also upgrade to a newer version of the software by downloading it from the NI website.