The Search Areas addressable in SystemLink TDM will depend on the SystemLink TDM User Account that you provide in the NI SystemLink TDM Configuration application. The permissions of that account should be used to declare Seach Areas and access data files from those folders.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Open the NI SystemLink TDM Configuration application by hitting the start menu button and typing TDM as shown in the image below.
- Go to the SystemLink TDM User Account item under Servers menu.
- Select This account and specifiy the account you want SystemLink TDM to use to get the permissions to access directories and files.
- Click the Apply Button.
- The server will then restart and you should now be able to declare any folders the TDM User account has access as a Search Area in DataFinder.
Note: There are a few requirements that should be considered for the SystemLink TDM User Account:
- The password must never expire.
- The account must be able to access network shares used by SystemLink Server.
- The SystemLink TDM user account must belong to the group of local administrators.