Starting October 4, 2019 with the release of SystemLink™ 19.5, DataFinder Server and Analysis Server are transitioning to the SystemLink platform. You will receive a new license file by October 15th, 2019 and will be required to transfer permissions from the previous DataFinder to new SystemLink licenses. The updated license file should enable the new SystemLink versions, as well as your existing DataFinder and Analysis Server software.
Please follow these instructions for updating your volume license server with permissions to SystemLink TDM DataFinder Module. If you would like to keep running an instance of DataFinder Server follow steps marked [Optional].
- Some SystemLink features are not supported by older versions of NI VLM and FlexLM so make sure that you use the latest version of Volume License Manager (VLM), or the latest FlexNET Vendor Daemons available. You may want to create a backup of your actual configuration first (see Creating an NI VLM Backup).
- [Optional] Stop the DataFinder Server by either:
- Open "TDM Server Control Panel", navigate to Other >> Status and select Stop
- Open "TDM Server Manager", select your TDM DataFinder Server and select Stop
- Install the New License File. When you install a new license file, you should see a window like this one:
- [Optional] To keep DataFinder 2018 or previous running on your server refer to the below table for how to transfer permissions. Otherwise remove all permissions.
|Previous License:||Transfer Permissions to:|
|DataFinder Server (all editions)||TDM Server 2018|
|DataFinder Server Concurrent Connections||Remove all permissions assigned to this license.|
|Analysis Server (all editions)||Remove all permissions assigned to this license.|
|DataFinder Compute Node Instances||Remove all permissions assigned to this license.|
|DataFinder Server Instances||Remove all permissions assigned to this license.|
- To set up a SystemLink based server using TDM DataFinder Module ensure you have the following licenses assigned. This can be done on a seperate server to maintain access to the working DataFinder Server by all users and minimize downtime.
|New License||Previous License|
|SystemLink Server||DataFinder Server (all editions), DataFinder Compute Node Instances and DataFinder Server Instances|
|SystemLink TDM DataFinder Module User||DataFinder Server Concurrent Connections|
|SystemLink TDM Analysis Add-On||Analysis Server (all editions)|
|SystemLink TDM Data Prep Add-On||Included with DataFinder Server Advanced or Professional|
|SystemLink TDM Federation Add-On||Included with DataFinder Server Professional|
- Finish the Agreement License File Installation Wizard, and select the Apply Changes button to save changes.
- [Optional] Restart the DataFinder Server by either:
- Open "TDM Server Control Panel", navigate to Other >> Status and select Start
- Open "TDM Server Manager", select your TDM DataFinder Server and select Start
If you have any questions about this migration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TDM Server could only be activated during the transition period of SystemLink from 2019 to 2020 (1 year). Any new SystemLink license files will not grant access to TDM Server anymore.