occurs when trying to rename a camera because there is a camera or an .iid file with that name already. This conflict may result from a camera that has been previously attached to the computer but no longer is. To resolve the naming conflict, follow the procedure below.
Navigate to this location:
- Windows 10: Navigate to <Users>\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data.
- Windows 7: Navigate to <Users>\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data.
- Windows XP: Navigate to <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\ National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data.
- In this folder, you should see all the .iid files associated with MAX for NI-IMAQdx cameras. Delete all of the .iid files.Note: Make a backup of the files before deleting them. If the file extensions are not displayed, change to the details view in Windows Explorer by selecting View»Details.
- Close MAX and then reopen it.
- Expand Devices and Interfaces»NI IMAQdx. You should now see the attached camera listed under the default camera name (cam0). You should now be able to rename the camera to another camera name that is not in use by right-clicking the camera and selecting Rename.