Get Started With a Windows PC
Follow the steps below to install the VirtualBench application for Windows and connect the hardware.
- Install the application if needed. The application is preloaded onto the VirtualBench hardware, so no installation is required. If you are connecting VirtualBench wirelessly or intend to use the application without hardware, the application needs to be installed on the computer.
- Connect the power cable to an outlet and into the VirtualBench hardware. Refer to image below for correct placement.
VirtualBench Back Panel Features
Connect the VirtualBench hardware to your computer using a USB cable. Refer to Figure 1 for correct placement.
- To run the application from the computer
- Go to Start » All Programs » National Instruments » VirtualBench and select VirtualBench to run the application.
Get Started With an iPad
Follow the steps below to install the VirtualBench app for iPad and connect the hardware.
- Install the app from the App Store.
- Connect the power cable to an outlet and into the VirtualBench hardware. Refer to image above for correct placement.
- Attach the antenna to the back of the VirtualBench hardware as indicated in image above.
- On your iPad, navigate to Settings » Wi-Fi and select the device. The default access point name is VB8012-<serial number>.The serial number is located on the bottom of the device.
- Open the app to begin using your instruments.