There are several reasons that NI-XNET Database Editor cannot parse the database files. Please follow the below steps to solve this problem.
Setting compatible format (DBC only)
It could be a compatibility issue because of DBC file format is Vector's own format, not the international standard which is FIBEX. You need to convert it into a compatible DBC format to prevent compatibility issues. To export the compatible DBC file, you need Vector CANdb++, a free-ware automotive database editor.
You can export compatible DBC like the following:
- Download CANdb++ at Vector's website.
- Open the database at CANdb++ that you want to convert.
- Select File » Export » Into CANdb Network Files...
- Check Use compatible DBC format option in the window and select OK to export the DBC file.
- Open the converted DBC file at NI-XNET Database Editor.
Confirming text encoding(for LDF, DBC)
DBC does not specify the text encoding. NI-XNET currently assumes the file is in the operating system's default locale, which causes issues when importing files produced on systems with alternate codepages. To solve this problem, please follow the below:
- Remove the non-English characters in the database.
- Revert back to the version prior to NI-XNET 19.1 or earlier.
- Set the OS language as English and load the .ldf file. Then revert the language settings back to the local language if they need to use localized LabVIEW.
- By converting the file to UTF-8 and back again using Notepad, the encoding appears to be fixed, and the file can import as expected. The below must be performed on a system using the database's language codepage.
- Open the file in Notepad. You will see that the current encoding is ANSI in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Save As, and change the text encoding to UTF-8.
- Save As, and change the text encoding back to ANSI.
- Open the file in the XNET Database Editor.
Add the Database as an Alias
You can add the database by selecting File » Manage Aliases » Add Alias..
this process may not solve the issue but it will provide an Error code and more information to solve it.