In order to import a transparent image, you need to use a graphics development environment that allows you to create and save graphics with transparent colors. The file format must also be importable by LabVIEW.
Follow these steps to place a transparent image on your front panel.
- Create an image in the graphics development environment of your choice.
- Save the file on your computer as follows:
- On Windows 7, 8 or 10, save as (.GIF) or (.PNG).
- On Windows XP, save as (.PNG).
- On Windows NT/98/95, save as(.WMF) or (.EMF).
- On Windows 3.1.x, save as GIF, TIFF, or Metafile.
- On Macintosh, save the graphic as a PICT file.
- Import the image into LabVIEW by selecting Edit » Import Picture to Clipboard.
- Paste the image into LabVIEW by pressing the Ctrl V shortcut.
- WMF files contain both vector graphics and bitmap components. LabVIEW does not support vector graphics therefore, the image may not paste as expected.
- Solaris does not support transparent color in graphics. Only bitmaps are supported on Solaris.