All TestStand software, whether it be the deployment engine, development environment, or debug deployment are included in the full TestStand download. Once downloaded, you can activate your specific product and will be able to use only the activated portion.
To Install and Activate TestStand Products:
- Download the full version of TestStand you need from the NI website.
- Open NI License Manager on your computer.
- Go to the Local Licenses tab.
- Under the TestStand entry, you should see the options Base Deployment Engine, Custom Sequence Editor, Debug Deployment, and Development System as seen in Figure 1 below.
- Right click your specific application and select Activate, then enter your serial number in the pop up.
Figure 1: View of TestStand section in NI License Manager
To Run TestStand Base Deployment Engine:
If you try to open TestStand you may receive the following message:
Figure 2: Potential TestStand Message
With the TestStand Base Deployment Engine you need to open the Operator User Interface (UI). The path to the proper application can be found here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2017 (32-bit)\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\LabVIEW
Note: You can also search for TestStand Operator in your Windows search bar to get the operator interface.