EXE files can be debugged. To debug EXE files, you need to select one setting before building an EXE file.
Please refer to figures below.
1. Click Build Specifications » New » Application(EXE)
in your project.
2. Move the Main VI to the Startup VIs box in Source Files category. Select your Main VI
and click the right arrow
3. Move to Category » Advanced
and check Enable debugging
4. Click Build
in your application to make the EXE file.
5. Run the EXE file that you made.
6. Open your Project then Click Operate » Debug Application or Shared Library...
(Keep the EXE open. If you close the application, LabVIEW cannot access the EXE.)
7. Write localhost(If you debug in Local PC) in Machine name or IP address
tab and click Refresh
button. Select your EXE file in Application or Shared library tab
. Last, click the Connect
button. (If you debug in Target PC, refer to Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW
8. After that, the front panel and block diagram are open. So you can debug the block diagram. You can use Highlight Execution, Probe etc.
LabVIEW can not debug re-entry applications or shared libraries that the Open VI Reference
function creates. This is typically a problem when using Actor Framework or equivalent models.