You can connect a selected color value to a Property Node that will allow you to set the color of a Front Panel object. To do this complete the following steps:
- Create a color value control or constant that will allow you to select your desired color.
- Right-click the <Front Panel Object> you would like to programmatically change the color of, and click Create»Property Node.
- From the drop down menu, select the <specific property> for the specifc color setting you want to modify.
- Place the Property Node on your block diagram then right-click on the <specific property> in the Property Node and select Change to Write.
- Click on the output terminal of the color control or color constant, you created in step 1, and wire it into the input of the <specific property> of the Property Node.
The image below shows examples of how to programmatically change the Fill Color of a Thermometer or change the Text Color of a String Control. Note:
These specific examples use a Color Box Constant to select the desired color.
If there is a feature that is not available as a property node by default, you can customize front panel objects with XControls