Driver runtimes are still available. As of 2019, NI driver runtimes are bundled and selectable within the full driver installer.
- On the NI Driver Download page, select your desired Supported OS and Version for the driver. The Included Editions is set to Full for driver versions 19.0 and later. Click Download.
- Launch the NI Package Manager download.
- On the Select tab of the installer, click Deselect All if you are only interested in the driver runtime and nothing else.
- (Optional) Select NI Certificates Installer. When NI Certificates are installed. no Windows security popups appear for installers that have a valid NI digital signature.
- Click Next.
- On the Review tab, verify the runtime support is included.
- Click Next. NI Package Manager proceeds to install the selected items on the system.
- Once complete, reboot the system. You now have the driver runtime installed on the system.
If you need to install a driver runtime version for deployment purposes, you can 1. include the driver runtime in a LabVIEW installer
if you are distributing a LabVIEW application or 2. include the driver runtime in an installer built by Package Builder
. An installer will allow you to install the driver runtime without the need for NI Package Manager on computers without internet access.