Before following these configuration steps, make sure you have installed versions of MATLAB®, Simulink, and Real-Time Workshop® onto your development machine that are compatible with your NI VeriStand Version
In order to build a .so
file, you will need the appropriate compilation tools.
For VeriStand 2019R3 and later:
- Download the compatible VeriStand Version or install it from the NI Package Manager which is recommended.
- Run the VeriStand installation and make sure that the VeriStand Model Framework is selected:
Since VeriStand 2019R3 the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time is included in the VeriStand Model Framework installer so you do not need to install any additional compiler Toolchain to compile models for Linux-RT Targets. Simply ensure that on the additional items to install that the C/C++ Development Tools box is Checked, and it will be included in the install.
- Now to compile your Simulink® Model make sure to select the appropriate Toolchain for your Linux-RT Target. Refer to Compiling a Model in MathWorks Simulink® Software in VeriStand Manual of the version you are using.
For VeriStand 2019R2 and earlier:
- Download and install the version of C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time that matches your version of LabVIEW Real-Time.
- Download the compatible VeriStand Version or use an installer disc to install NI VeriStand and the NI VeriStand Model Framework.
- With the NI VeriStand Model Framework and C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time, Eclipse Edition prepared, you can now build the .so file for your model using The Mathworks, Inc. Real-Time Workshop® software. Refer to Compiling a Model from The MathWorks, Inc. Simulink® Software from VeriStand help.
- LabVIEW 2014 Model Interface Toolkit added support for compiling Simulink® models into shared objects that can run on ARM-based NI Linux Real-Time targets.
- VeriStand 2015 and LabVIEW 2015 Model Interface Toolkit added support for compiling models for both ARM-based and Intel x64-based NI Linux Real-Time targets.
- VeriStand 2019R3 and higher has now the C/C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real-Time included into the VeriStand Model Framework installer so you do not need to install any additional compiler Toolchain to compile Simulink® models for your Linux-RT Targets.
Simulink® and Real-Time Workshop® are registered trademarks of The MathWorks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.