Complete the following steps to build an installer for your program that will also ensure that the .NET Framework is installed on the target computer:
- Download the redistributable (EXE) installer for the .NET framework from the official Microsoft .NET Framework download page.
- In your LabVIEW project, right-click the My Computer target and select Add»File... ; add the .NET install program you just downloaded.
- Right-click the Build Specification for your installer and select New»Installer to launch the Installer properties dialog.
- Select the Source Files category. In the Project View pane, you should see the .NET installer under the My Computer target. Add this file to your installer by clicking the arrow (Add button).
- Now, select the Advanced category and check the box Run executable at end of installation.
- The Select Target File dialog box will then launch; select the .NET installer from the list and click OK.
- Click the Build button to rebuild your installer.
Your installer should now install the .NET Framework immediately after installing your LabVIEW EXE and any other Additional Installers you have included