- Terminate an input channel.
- Calculate the offset and subtract it from the original signal.
- Convert the remaining signal to Vrms (Idle Channel Noise).
- Convert input range to Vrms (Full-Scale Amplitude of AI Channel).
- Divide the two values and convert them to dB.
Below is a LabVIEW code snippet showing how to perform the calculation using the Mean VI
, RMS VI
, and Logarithm Base 10 Functions
: This image is a LabVIEW snippet, which includes LabVIEW code that you can reuse in your project. To use a snippet, right-click the image, save it to your computer, and drag the file onto your LabVIEW diagram.