This is the recommended activation method. Identity-based activation requires that you register your serial number to your NI User Account, which enables you to have access to all of the software and entitlements associated with your license agreement. You can register your serial number in one of two methods:
a. You can register it with your "Claim Access" e-mail, which is sent to the license contacts when the NI software is purchased.
b. If you do not have access to this e-mail, you can sign into your NI user account and register your serial numbers following these steps.
Then, make sure the computer is connected to the Internet and you have logged in to your NI User Account in the NI License Manager (NILM).
The steps below apply for NILM 4.7 or later. For older versions refer to Knowledge Base article Activating NI Software Using Legacy NI License Manager.
- Open NI License Manager and make sure that the software you want to activate is listed in the Product Summary tab.
- If it is not, download the appropriate software.
- Click Activate Software.
- Select Check my account for licenses from the drop-down menu and click the Activate button.
If the above method fails or if your serial number is still not shown as registered in your NI User Account, you can proceed using the Serial Number Activation method.
Serial Number Activation
- After clicking Activate Software in NILM, select Enter a serial number from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your serial number next to each software product that you want to activate.
- Click the Activate button.
If the activation was successful, you should receive a message similar to the window below.
If you are having network connection issues, you can try using the Offline Activation