- NI hardware serial numbers typically consist of six (6) alphanumeric values.
- NI cable serial numbers typically consist of nine (9) numbers located beneath the Model Number on the cable itself.
- NI hardware serial numbers are located on a:
- Label adhered directly on the hardware itself.
- Sticker located directly on an IC on the board of many PXI cards.
- Label on the anti-static bag where the hardware has been shipped in.
For reference, the image below illustrates where the serial number for a PCI Board, a PXI Controller, a PXI Chassis and a USB device would be located.
If the serial number of the NI product is not found after trying the suitable methods, contact NI support
. Provide them with information about the original purchaser and company. With that, the support team can look through NI's internal database for purchase histories.
System tags are labels that include unique identifiers that help track the configuration and contents of a system.
System tags can be found in the following places:
- PXI Chassis: Above or below the serial number label on the back or bottom of the chassis
- CompactRIO or CompactDAQ chassis with a flat bottom: Left of the serial number label on the bottom of the chassis
- CompactRIO or CompactDAQ chassis with finned bottom: Below compliance sticker on the bottom of the chassis
- Wireless CompactRIO or CompactDAQ chassis: On the side of the chassis