The SystemLink API for LabVIEW installs with an installation of the G Web Development Software or the SystemLink Client
. The installation order is important to get the SystemLink API to show up in LabVIEW. Below are instructions for installing the SystemLink API if you are doing a fresh install and if you already have all the software components installed.
The recommended installation order if you are starting off on a fresh install is as follows:
- Install NI Package Manager.
- Install LabVIEW and follow any restart prompts.
- Open NI Package Manager and search for G Web Development Software Web Module or SystemLink Client, whichever you are working with. Click on the correct result and then click Install.
- Make sure that you select all of the SystemLink API items that you want to have installed.
- Available SystemLink Items for G Web Development Software Web Module: Message and Tag
- Available Skyline Items for SystemLink Client: File, Message, Tag, and Test Monitor
- Continue through the installation wizard. After finishing, you should be able to see the installed SystemLink VIs in LabVIEW.
G Web Development Software Web Module or SystemLink Client Already Installed
If you already have G Web Development Software Web Module or the SystemLink Client installed before you have LabVIEW installed, you can follow the below steps to install SystemLink support for LabVIEW:
- Open NI Package Manager (NIPM).
- Click on the INSTALLED tab.
- Find NI SystemLink Client or G Web Development Software Web Module.
- On the further right column, there should be a cog/gear. Click on that icon to Install or remove related package.
- Make sure the following items are selected in order to use the SystemLink API within LabVIEW:
- NI SystemLink File Support for LabVIEW 20XX
- NI SystemLink Message Support for LabVIEW 20XX
- NI SystemLink Tag Support for LabVIEW 20XX
- NI SystemLink Test Monitor Support for LabVIEW 20XX
- Continue through the installation wizard.
Install using the Packages tab
If you have already installed either the G Web Development Software Web Module or the SystemLink Client packages, you will be subscribed to those package's Feeds so that you can be alerted of package updates. In this case, you can install the SystemLink API from the Packages tab, which is hidden by default:
- Click on the Settings (Gear) icon.
- Check the box Show available packages and feed management tools
- Go to the PACKAGES tab and select the NI SystemLink Support for LabVIEW item that you need.
NI Package Manager needs to be installed in order to search for and install the SystemLink Client or the G Web Development Software Web Module.
A small subset of the SystemLink API is installed with FlexLogger, but for the full API, you will need to install the SystemLink Client from NI Package Manager.
It is not necessary to install G Web Development Software on the LabVIEW development computer in order to use the SystemLink API for LabVIEW via the G Web Development Software Web Module.
It is not necessary to install NI SystemLink Server on the LabVIEW development computer in order to use the SystemLink API for LabVIEW via the SystemLink Client Add-On.