To add an existing target on the same subnet, follow the steps below:
- Right-click the Project line of the Project Explorer, and navigate to New»Targets and Devices...
- You can configure the project to work with an existing networked FieldPoint, or a FieldPoint system that does not exist, or cannot be connected to over the network.
- To configure the project for an existing networked FieldPoint, select Existing target or device, and expand the Real-Time FieldPoint folder in the Add Targets and Devices Window. This will search your subnet for any Real-Time FieldPoint controllers that are online.
Select the FieldPoint controller, and click OK
- NOTE: If a controller is in Safe Mode and/or in IP Reset, you will receive a warning indicating that communication failed.
- To configure the project for a FieldPoint system that does not exist, or cannot be connected to over the network, select New target or device, and expand the FieldPoint folder in the Add Targets and Devices Window. Select the appropriate model of FieldPoint system.
- When you are ready to deploy the project to an actual FieldPoint system, right-click FP Target (0.0.0.0) from the Project Explorer Window and select Properties. Under the General category, enter the IP Address or DNS Name of the FieldPoint system.
- The FieldPoint controller is now integrated into the project.
If you do not see the Real-Time FieldPoint
folder in the Add Targets and Devices Window
, your FieldPoint driver may not provide support for the version of LabVIEW that you are running. Refer to NI-FieldPoint and LabVIEW Version Compatibility Article
to verify the compatibility between your device and installed software.
Please note that FieldPoint products are End-of-Life (EOL). National Instruments recommends to use other product platforms like CompactRIO
that also support newer versions of LabVIEW.