Beside using the help of the XSPICE Command Line
, for a detailed and complete description of the available commands one needs to read the SPICE3 User's Manual. For example in the case of command "tran":
- Launch Multisim.
- To open the Command Line Interface, choose Simulate»XSPICE command line interface. The XSPICE Command Line dialog box appears.
- In the command line, type "help tran" to get information about the command "tran".
- In the command line, type "help all" to get more information.
- Read the Multisim Help of the Command Line Interface for additional information.
- Consult the External Link SPICE3 User's Manual for complete description for available commands.
Accordingly the general form .TRAN TSTEP TSTOP <TSTART <TMAX>> <UIC>
runs a transient analysis, where TSTEP
is the plotting increment, TSTOP
is the final time, TSTART
is the initial time and TMAX
is the maximum stepsize of the simulation. If TSTART
is omitted, it is assumed to be zero. By default TMAX
is either TSTEP
, depending on which value is lower. UIC
(use initial conditions) is an optional keyword which indicates that the user does not want SPICE to solve for the quiescent operating point before beginning the transient analysis.