This error can happen when upgrading or using an incompatible version of LabVIEW and Microsoft Office. Please follow the steps below or install a compatible version of Office
- Open Excel_Save_Workbook.vi. If LabVIEW was installed into the default path you should be able to find the VI at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\vi.lib\addons\_office\_exclsub.llb\Excel_Save_Workbook.vi.
(Note: Change "20xx" to the version of LabVIEW you are using. Remove " (x86)" in case you are using the 64-bit version of LabVIEW.)
- Once the VI has been opened, find the Invoke Node inside the nested case structures No Error and False. This Invoke Node is set to SaveAs.
- Right-click the Invoke Node and select Relink Invoke Node.
- Save the VI and close it.
- Go back to your caller VI and try to run it. There should no longer be a broken run arrow.
In case the Relink Invoke Node
option does not exist, please continue with steps 6 to 10:
- Mark the currently existing Invoke Node and copy it into the clipboard (e.g. via menu Edit » Copy).
- Delete the original Invoke Node.
- Paste the _Workbook SaveAs Invoke Node from the clipboard on the block diagram. Move it into the same position as it was before.
- Rewire the inputs and outputs as they were before:
- Once done, you save this VI and try running your main VI again. There should no longer be a broken run arrow.