This is the generic error that NI Package Manager returns when there is an issue installing or removing a package.
- Look at NI Package Manager error logs to determine the underlying issue. It is recommended to start with errorlog.txt. Looking at the end of that log should show the most recent error that occurred.
Note: You may need to enable MSI logs if the error occurred while running an MSI within a package that was installing. NI does not recommend leaving MSI logs enabled when not troubleshooting installation issues. Enabling MSI logs will increase the time it takes to install packages. If enabled for troubleshooting, you should disable them after troubleshooting is complete.
- If the error is not clear, contact NI Support or post to the NI Package Manager Discussion Forums.
Refer to the following for initial troubleshooting steps:
- Install all pending Windows updates.
- Deactivate your firewall and antivirus software.
- Upgrade to the latest version of NI Package Manager.
- Restart NI Service Locator and NI Configuration Manager in Windows Services.
- Check that there is enough free storage on your hard drive to install the software. Minimum storage can be found in the Readme file for the software.
- Check that the %temp% directory has the correct permissions.
- Install the packages you are attempting to install using its offline distribution, if available.
- Try installing the latest version of this package available.
- Install the packages you are attempting to install with administrator rights (right-click on the installer and select Run as administrator).
If the initial troubleshooting steps above do not resolve the issue, uninstall all NI software and reinstall the requested software.