Add a 'Sub-Sequence' to the Sequence
2. Add a 'Call' to the newly created 'Sub-Sequence' in the main sequence
3. Change the step settings for the sequence call:
- Execution Options --> Use New Thread
4. In the sub-sequence call the VI that needs to be shown in an action step
- The VI that is being called must have a 'While Loop' with a 'Stop Button'
5. Set 'Show VI Panel is On' as on and that it is indicating a green symbol like below
The test sequence can only be terminated by actuating the 'stop button' on the front panel of the open VI.