This error can come from the FPGA registers required for the NI 9881 to function as being closed while running the CANOpen API. To avoid this error, you must open your reference and leave it open until the end of your code.
- Ensure that the FPGA bitfile is running before creating the CANOpen Interface and do not reset or close the FPGA reference until the CANOpen interface is closed.
- Also, monitor the CompactRIO CPU and memory usage , as a lack of these resources could cause a similar error.
If the issue happens on the PXI target, the reason for it can be the lack of resources in the system. You can use the following configurations of the BIOS to possibly avoid the error.
- Platform Misc Configuration
- Native PCIE Enable -> Enabled (this boosts up the data throughput of the connection and boosts the communication)
- PCH-IO Configuration
- PCIE Wake -> Enabled
- PCIE Device Initial Delay -> 1
After verifying the above, as per the error message, provide the copErrorLog.log
through your normal NI support channel for further analysis.