SolutionThe ISC-178X Smart Cameras have a dedicated LED lighting intensity control output, compatible with Advanced illumination’s (Ai) Inline Control System (ICS) 3 lighting control, which enables direct adjustments from the application software. The dedicated light
ing intensity control is implemented as a 0-10V LED control.Hardware:
- ISC-178X Smart Camera
- ISC-178x Smart Camera lens
- Light Source with ICS3 light controller
- (Optional) Power and I/O Accessory for ISC-178x Smart Cameras
The control line can be found in the Power and I/O connector of the Smart Camera.
To easily access this line it is recommended to us the Power and I/O Accessory for ISC-178x Smart Cameras.
On this brakeout board you can simply connect together your smart camera and your light source controller.
To control the light intensity form software, follow the steps below:
- Open Vision Builder AI(VBAI)
- Select the Smart Camera in the main menu of the VBAI and double click on it
- Select the Acquire Image(Smart Camera) step from the Inspection steps
- Select the Lighting tab in the setup menu of the Acquire Image(Smart Camera) step