This behavior can occur when you do not have compatible versions of Measurement Studio and Visual Studio, a corrupt install, or when allowing synchronous autoload of extensions is not enabled. Check the Measurement Studio and Visual Studio compatibility chart to ensure you are working in a version of Visual Studio that is supported by your Measurement Studio version.
Incompatible Software Versions
If your versions of Visual Studio and Measurement Studio are not compatible, you have two options moving forward:
Compatible Software Versions
- Use a supported Visual Studio version. With this option, you will see the tools integrated within the Visual Studio environment and the project license files will be updated automatically. To revert to a supported Visual Studio version, follow the steps below:
- Install the compatible Visual Studio version.
- Reinstall Measurement Studio and ensure support is selected for your version of Visual Studio.
- Use a newer version of Visual Studio than the listed supported versions. With this option, you will not see the Measurement Studio tab in Visual Studio, but you will still be able to use the rest of the tools, such as the User Interface Controls, the Analysis libraries, Installer Builder, and the Help. You will also have to manually update your project license files.
- To use a version of Visual Studio that is newer than the listed supported version, you can follow the steps listed on our product documentation for Measurement Studio and Visual Studio 2015 and newer. See Additional Information for steps for Measurement Studio 2013 in newer versions of Visual Studio.
If you already have a supported version of Visual Studio installed and you do not see the tools, proceed with following these steps:
- If you see a yellow bar below the toolbar in Visual Studio that says "Visual Studio did not load one or more extensions that were using deprecated APIs", click on Allow synchronous autoload and restart Visual Studio.
- If the yellow bar is not present follow these steps:
1. Go to Extensions >> Manage Extensions >> Installed >> NI Measurement Studio >> Change your settings for Extensions.
2. Go to Environment >> Extensions and enable the Allow synchronous autoload for extensions
3. Click OK
and restart Visual Studio.
- If none of the previous options fixed the issue, repair the Measurement Studio installation and make sure you select support for the Visual Studio version that you have installed. Corruption with the installations of either Measurement Studio or Visual Studio will require a reinstall of Visual Studio followed by Measurement Studio.