NI only supports Internet Protocol (IP) cameras manufactured by Basler and Axis.
The problem may appear because of, either the hardware or software.
- Perform a physical inspection of the device. If you are not able to find any visible damage, proceed with the next steps.
- Verify that your Ethernet camera is connected to the same subnet as your PC.
- Ensure you have installed Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) version 18.5.1 or earlier.
- Verify that your operating system is supported by the driver by checking its documentation. Also verify the compatibility between LabVIEW version and Vision Acquisition Software version by following the Vision Acquisition Software and LabVIEW Compatibility article.
- Verify that you have the NI-IMAQdx driver (part of the VAS driver) installed and activated. You can purchase the software here.
- Verify that you don't have conflicting 3rd party drivers.
: From Vision Acquisition Software 19.0
, NI-IMAQdx no longer supports IP cameras Basler and Axis.