Yes, related to Supported Hardware and Software for NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen
software version required to use the NI 9881 with cRIO 904x is:
- LabVIEW 2018
- LabVIEW Real Time Module 2018
- LabVIEW FPGA Module 2018
- NI RIO 18.0
- NI IndCom for CANopen 18.0
To control devices on a CANopen network, the NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen software communicates with the NI 9881 module through the firmware that is pre-installed on the module. To use the NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen 18.0 or later, ensure that the NI 9881 module has updated firmware. Note
Skip the steps in this document if you meet any of the following conditions:
Running a VI to Update the firmware
- You only use PCI or PXI.
- The version number of the NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen software on the media shipped with the NI 9881 module is 18.0 or later. If you are not sure of the software version shipped with the NI 9881 module, NI recommends that you update the firmware.
- Launch CANopen Module Firmware Update.lvproj from the labview\examples\NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen\Utility\Module Firmware Tool directory and add the controller, which has NI 9881 installed on Slot 2, to the LabVIEW project.
- Add the NI 9881 module to the Real-Time resources of the Chassis and deploy the setting of the Chassis.
- Add the Module Firmware Update.vi in the labview\examples\NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen\Utility\Module Firmware Tool directory to the controller. Follow the instructions on the front panel of the Module Firmware Update.vi to update the firmware.
Close this example after you complete the steps. You have updated the firmware and can use the NI-Industrial Communications for CANopen 18.0 or later to communicate with the NI 9881 module.
Note that for cRIO 904X and 905X (also known as combo cRIOs or DAQmx-enabled cRIOs), the 9881 module does not get added under the "FPGA" section of the target. Instead, the 9881 is added under Real-Time resources.