Review the differences on the Select Your LabVIEW Edition
page. In general, select the edition that best fits your needs based on the add-on and toolkit compatibility, your application requirements, and pricing.Additional Considerations
- The installer for the LabVIEW Base, Full, and Professional Development System is the same. The edition that you have access to will depend on the edition that you activate.
- Deploying to Real-Time and FPGA hardware is not supported in the LabVIEW Base edition and you will need LabVIEW Full as a minimum.
- There are software add-ons that are not included with LabVIEW and will require a separate purchase. An example would be the LabVIEW Real-Time module.
- Some modules or toolkits are not compatible with all the LabVIEW editions.
- For example, the Sound and Vibration Toolkit is only supported by the LabVIEW Full or LabVIEW Professional editions. Check the requirements for each specific module in its readme file.
- If you need to deploy a LabVIEW application using executables, shared libraries, or installers, you will need the LabVIEW Application Builder. This add-on is included with the Professional Development System, but must be purchased separately if you are using the Base or Full edition.