Review the differences on the Select Your LabVIEW Edition
page. In general, select the edition that best fits your needs based on the add-on and toolkit compatibility, your application requirements, and pricing.Additional Considerations
- The installer for the LabVIEW Base, Full, and Professional Development System is the same. The edition that you have access to will depend on the edition that you activate.
- Deploying to Real-Time and FPGA hardware is not supported in the LabVIEW Base edition and you will need LabVIEW Full as a minimum.
- There are software add-ons that are not included with LabVIEW and will require a separate purchase. An example would be the LabVIEW Real-Time module.
- Some modules or toolkits are not compatible with all the LabVIEW editions.
- For example, the Sound and Vibration Toolkit is only supported by the LabVIEW Full or LabVIEW Professional editions. Check the requirements for each specific module in its readme file.
- If you need to deploy a LabVIEW application using executables, shared libraries, or installers, you will need to activate the LabVIEW Application Builder Module. The license for the module is part of LabVIEW Professional, and can be bought seperately for use with LabVIEW Base or Full.