Since the bitfile contains information about the absolute project path, each time the project moves, the alphanumeric extension on the bitfile will change (red highlight). After the bitfile extension changes, the build specification signature will state that the bitfile is not found. Given that the bitfile is no longer properly associated with the project, attempting to run an FPGA VI interactively will cause the system to request to compile before running.
Recompilation can be avoided by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the new location of your FPGA project and open the project.
- Under your FPGA Target's Build Specification, right-click on your compilation and select Properties.
- Navigate to Bitfile name found in the Information section of the window and paste the original name of the bitfile to this location. In addition, ensure that the directory shown in Destination Directory section actually contains the bitfile being referenced.
- Click OK to exit the properties menu.
- Right click on your compilation and select Check Signature.
If the bitfile name was replaced correctly, the image below will be displayed.