The specified instructions include ADE support for LabVIEW 2017 on a Mac OS X operating system. (To install DAQmx for LabVIEW 2016, follow the same instructions, but for Step 3., use the NI-DAQmx Base Addon for LabVIEW 2016 instead.)
- Install LabVIEW 2017 or 2016 for Mac to the default directory.
- Download and install NI-DAQmx Base 15.0 - Mac OS X
- Unzip the NI-DAQmx Base Addon for LabVIEW 2017 included in the NI-DAQmx Base 15.0 download.
- Remove the spaces in the file name by renaming the folder NI-DAQmxBaseforLabVIEW2017.
- First, navigate to the Downloads directory by opening a terminal window and typing the following command with administrator permissions: cd/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Downloads/NI-DAQmxBaseforLabVIEW2017. (Be sure to replace YOUR_USER_NAME with whatever name you use for your User directory. Example: cd/Users/John/Downloads/NI-DAQmxBaseforLabVIEW2017).
- Then, install the add-on by typing the following command in the terminal window: ./INSTALL.sh
- The command should take a couple of seconds to install and indicate success.
- The NI-DAQmx Base Palette should now be available in LabVIEW.
- The NI-DAQmxBaseforLabVIEW2017 folder can now be deleted from the Downloads folder.
This installation copies the LabVIEW 2015 version of the DAQmx Base function into LabVIEW 2017 or 2016, so it is recommended that you mass compile these functions to improve performance in loading times. There are three directories that need to be mass compiled:
- Open LabVIEW 2017 or 2016. For LabVIEW 2016, follow the instructions below but replace 2017 with 2016.
- Open the Mass Compile Utility by selecting Tools » Advanced » Mass Compile...
- Select the following directory: Applications » National Instruments » LabVIEW 2017 64-bit » vi.lib » _DAQmxBase
- Select Mass Compile
- Select the following directory: Applications » National Instruments » LabVIEW 2017 64-bit » vi.lib » _dmxb
- Select Mass Compile
- Select the following directory: Applications » National Instruments » NI-DAQmx Base » example
NI-DAQmx Base is compatible with macOS 10.14 and earlier versions – check macOS compatibility
for all supported versions for this driver. For more information, please read the End-of-Life Announcement for DAQmx Base Driver