There are a couple of different possible solutions that have varying degrees of success for people running into this error. They are:
- Renaming the xvcredist.exe to something like xvcredist.exebak such that it doesn't get called at all.
- Uninstalling all newer versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. Then using the xvcredist.exe popup to install the compatible version.
- Setting an environmental variable in Windows: XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK = 1
Rename every file of that name on your system. You may be able to find them at the following locations:
- Go to your start menu and type in edit the system environment variables to open the System Properties.
- Click Environment Variables under the Advanced tab.
- Under "System variables" click New...
- Set the Variable name as XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK
- Set the Variable value to 1.
- Press Ok on each window.
- Make sure to press Apply on the System Properties window.
- Restart your computer and verify the XIL_PA_NO_REDIST_CHECK variable is still equal to 1 by repeating the above steps.
- Try the compilation again.