This error can be caused by different reasons, depending on what the error message is referring to. Typically when this error occurs it means that there is some compatibility issue with the current driver you have installed and the hardware you are trying to use. See the following for help on addressing this issue:
General Troubleshooting Steps
Your version of the CompactRIO drivers may not support your hardware. You can reference our documentation regarding Software Support for CompactRIO, CompactDAQ, Single-Board RIO, R Series, and EtherCAT, select the device you'd like to see software support for, and upgrade your Modules or Drivers as necessary to ensure you are able to use the hardware.
Note: This page is also a great resource when you are looking to acquire new hardware, as you can check in advance whether or not the hardware is supported by the software you already have.
If the Issue Happens on NI-914x EtherCAT Expansion Chassis
If the Issue Happens on NI 986x XNET Modules
- Make sure that you have NI XNET installed and that they are compatible with the version of LabVIEW you are using. You can check the LabVIEW XNET compatibility by viewing the Readme files in the XNET driver.
- Make sure that the XNET driver is installed on the cRIO itself. You can read the Getting Started with CompactRIO and LabVIEW tutorial for help on this step.
- Also check the Readme of your XNET driver version to ensure that the chassis that you are using supports XNET
- Ethernet RIO Expansion Chassis (NI-9146, NI-9147, NI-9148, NI-9149) and EtherCAT RIO Expansion Chassis (NI-9144, NI-9145) are NOT compatible with 986x modules.
If the Issue Happens on NI-WSN Modules
- NI-WSN is only supported by NI LabVIEW 2015 and some previous versions. You can check compatibility by viewing the ReadMe files in the NI-WSN driver.