This message could be shown on some versions of Xilinx Compilation Tool for Vivado as indicated in AR# 64639 2015.1 Vivado - When I start Vivado from a shell, I see: WARNING: Default location for XILINX_VIVADO_HLS not found:
You can safely ignore this warning.
If you cannot ignore the message because the compilation fails, you can follow Xilinx's workaround to stop the message from appearing. The workaround is to create an environmental variable called XILINX_VIVADO_HLS and set it to any value.
To create an environmental variable, follow these steps:
- Open the file explorer of your Windows 10 machine.
- Right-click the icon named This PC.
- Click on Properties.
- On the left side of the System window that popped up, click on System protection.
- On the new window that popped up, click on the Advanced tab.
- Click on Environmental Variables...
- Under the System variables section, click on New...
- Set the variable name and value.
- Click OK on the opened windows to save the changes.
If the above steps do not help, please contact NI Technical Support
for further assistance.