LabWindows/CVI 8.0 and later provides the ability to create a very detailed log of the events that occur when building an application or installer. To create the detailed log, follow the steps below:
- Open a fresh instance of LabWindows/CVI and load the workspace with the problematic distribution.
- Select the Build>>Distributions>>Manage Distributions menu item, highlight the problematic distribution and click Edit. This will launch the Edit Installer dialog box.
- In the first screen select one of the tab controls so that a dotted rectangle around the tab labels appears.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+L and click OK.
- Right click on your distribution and select Build.
- A detailed build log will then be created.
The debug log should be located in the %temp% directory of your computer. To determine where this temp directory is located, follow the steps below:
- Select Start>>Run, type in cmd and then press OK.
- Type set in the command prompt. This will return all of your computer's variable names.
- Look for TEMP in the list of variable names. You should see something like TEMP=C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp
- Navigate to this directory using Windows Explorer. You should see a text file named distBuildDbg.log.
You can also navigate directly to the Temp directory of your computer by pressing the Window Key
or clicking on the Start Menu
, and then typing in %temp% in the search box and hitting Enter
The distBuildDbg.log file will only be generated once the distribution creation has started. If an error occurs before the build of the distribution (such as LabWindows/CVI being unable to locate a file) the log file will not be generated.