You must perform the following tasks for developing a real-time application:
1. Install Software and Drivers:
The first step to getting started with NI products is to install the proper software and drivers for your application on the host/development computer. Install following software:
- NI LabVIEW Development System for Windows (version 8.0 or later)
- NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module version 8.0 or later - or - LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module version 8.0 or later
- Device Drivers
Ensure your PXI(e) target, LabVIEW, Real Time module and Device Drivers are compatible with selected software version. Do not forget to activate the installed products.
2. Configuring the RT Target: After you install all the required software on the host computer, use Measurement & Automation Explorer (NI-MAX) to configure the general settings of the target and to install the software and drivers from the host computer on the RT target.Note:
To perform the initial configuration, you must connect networked RT targets to the same subnet as the host computer from which you launch NI-MAX. Refer to the Real-Time PXI System Initial Configuration and Software Installation
3. Creating a Real-Time Application:
Refer to the Creating a Real-Time Application
for a tutorial that guides you through creating a real-time application. The application you create contains VIs that acquire and process data on the RT target and display that data on the host computer.
4. Building and Deploying an Application:
Now that you have completed the tutorial, you can build a stand-alone real-time application and deploy it to an RT target. Refer to Deploying and Running VIs on an RT Target
and Building and Deploying a Stand-Alone Real-Time Application
for more details.