FIPS can also cause some programs, like DAQExpress, to not run if installed.
To change FIPS mode for a specific network you are connected to, perform the following steps
- Open Windows Control Panel.
- Navigate to Network and Internet » View network status and tasks.
- Click Change adapter settings.
- Right-click the wireless network you want to change the FIPS mode for and click Status.
- Click Wireless Properties.
- Go to the Security tab.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Toggle the option Enable Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliance for this network.
- Close all open dialog windows confirming the changes if asked for.
To generally turn off FIPS, refer to External: How do I turn off FIPS in Windows 7 Home Premium - Microsoft Community