When a custom device is added to the system definition file, the initialization VI is called. This VI is dynamically loaded by VeriStand. If there is an inconsistency between the XML and the custom device project, VeriStand will not find the VI. You can check these possible issues when you receive Error 7:
- Did you rename your initialization VI? By default, the name of your VI should be Custom Device Name Initialization VI.vi.
- Is the build specification configured correctly? The VI should be Always Included in the Source Files category. In the Destinations category, the destination of the initialization VI should be Custom Device Name Configuration LLB.llb.
- Does the XML match the project settings? Ensure that the path in the XML matches the actual path of the Initialization VI after the LLB is built.
- Is the custom device in the proper directory? The default custom device directory is C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 20XX\Custom Devices
- If you get a CD as archived file (e.g. Errer_Seven.zip), check that the LLB is in the direct subfolder, e.g. in ...\Custom Devices\Error_Seven\... , not in ...\Custom Devices\Error_Seven\Error_Seven\... .
- For more information on proper custom device formatting, please see the NI VeriStand Developer's Guide.
If the problem persists after correcting the above items, please contact NI support to continue troubleshooting.