Below are troubleshooting steps for the LabVIEW: Failed to load shared library
error that you see during VI deployment:
- If you only see this issue when you move between versions of LabVIEW, delete the VI that is called out in the error and replace it with the same VI from the LabVIEW VI palette.
- Create and run a VI that only uses the VI called out in the error message.
- Create and run a VI that only uses another VI in the same library called out in the error message.
- Restart the RT controller (cRIO or PXI controller) and development PC.
- Format the RT target and reinstall software. Install the minimal set of software you need.
- Test on another computer with same software and driver set.
- If your RT controller is Pharlap or VxWorks, you can check to see if library is deployed to the target. The library should be located at ni-rt/system/library_name.out for VxWorks controllers and ni-rt/system/library_name.dll for Pharlap controllers. We can get there by right-clicking on the RT target in NI MAX and selecting File Transfer, which should open up a Windows File Explorer window. If the library is not there, it points to a likely issue during software installation to the RT controller or an issue with the LabVIEW installation on the computer.
Here are additional troubleshooting steps if you are using a custom library or additional toolkit,
and items to look at if your error message refers to a dll