Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
- Make sure the remote target is connected and running.
- If the target has DIP switches, ensure all are on the OFF position.
- Check that the minimum software required by the hardware is installed on the host PC. Verify that the software versions installed are compatible with the OS.
- Verify that TCP Port 3580 is not being blocked by a firewall.
- This port is needed to communicate with remote targets.
- Verify that the NI System Web Server service is running.
- Navigate to Start>>Run, and type in services.msc.
- Navigate to NI System Web Server, and check if the service is stopped. If so, manually restart the service by right clicking on the service and hitting 'Start'.
- Reboot the host machine.
- Try reinstalling Measurement & Automation Explorer.
- If using a proxy server, ensure that is it not in the host PC's Environment Variables.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, gather a Technical Support report from NI MAX for the local machine. To obtain this report, follow the steps in Using MAX Technical Report to Document Configuration Information
. Once obtained, please contact National Instruments Support