Error 6 or Error 129 occurs when building a distribution when the file path of a file in the project extends beyond the 255 character limit allowed by Windows. To resolve the error, follow the steps outlined below:
- Use a shorter path, like C:\Your_File
- Ensure that your file path is not pointing to an incorrect drive, such as a CD or DVD drive.
- For an application or shared library builds, place a checkmark in the Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout checkbox on the Advanced page of the build specification Properties dialog box.
- For a source distribution or web service builds, uncheck the Preserve disk hierarchy checkbox on the problem on the Destinations build specification page located under the Destination type.
- If you are building your project in a shared drive, check your network connection. Try to switch from wireless to wired connection, or build the application in the local hard drive of your computer to isolate the issue.