The TestStand Deployment Utility uses the LabVIEW Application Builder to package and deploy LabVIEW VIs. As of LabVIEW 2011, the Application Builder configures new build specifications to include SSE2 compiler optimizations that improve the run-time performance of distributed VIs and built applications.
One of the above errors will occur when running tests from a TestStand deployment when all of the following conditions are met:
- Your TestStand deployment includes files built in LabVIEW 2011 or newer - and -
- You build your TestStand deployment on a machine that supports SSE2 instructions - and -
- You install the deployment on a target machine that does not support SSE2 instructions
The specific error message you receive depends on whether the Output VIs to a packed project library
option is enabled in the LabVIEW VI options dialog. If the option is not selected, you will receive error code 57. If it is enabled, you will receive error code 56.
Refer to the options below for methods to avoid or resolve this issue. If implementing the options offered below does not resolve the error/issue or if you cannot use any of the provided options, please contact National Instruments Support
for further assistance.TestStand 2010 SP1 and Newer
- As of TestStand 2010 SP1, the TestStand Deployment Utility provides an option for you to configure whether your deployment is built to include SSE2 compiler optimizations. Follow these steps to disable the SSE2 optimizations:
- In the TestStand Deployment Utility, navigate to the Distributed Files tab
- Click the LabVIEW Options… button
- Deselect the Enable SSE2 Optimization option
- Click OK to apply the change