After trying to use the Instrument I/O Assistant in LabVIEW, I receive an error saying:
Measurement & Automation Explorer or the Instrument I/O Assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these from the LabVIEW Driver CD.
The Instrument I/O Assistant is installed with LabVIEW, but you may get the above error message if it was not installed correctly.
In order to repair or install the Instrument I/O Assistant:
If the above mentioned steps do not repair the Instrument I/O Assistant, try the next few steps:
1. Completely uninstall both NI-VISA and NI-488.2.
2. Remove dependent products.
3. Reinstall NI-VISA, NI-488.2 and the Instrument I/O Assistant from the latest Device Driver CD or installation file.
4. Restart computer.
If you're still getting the error message shown above:
5. Force reinstall NI-VISA: Fix Corrupt or Non-Working NI Software with Force Reinstall.
6. Uninstall all National Instruments' software and force reinstall every dependency.
Do not attempt to install the Instrument I/O Assistant's .msi file alone. It requires other components that are installed from the Driver Installer.A quick and easy workaround for a broken Instrument I/O Assistant is to use VISA, IVI, or Plug & Play drivers for your instrument.
Thank you for your feedback.
You changed your response to Not Helpful
You changed your response to Helpful
Collaborate with other users in our discussion forums
A valid service agreement may be required, and support options vary by country.