In order to use the NI-VISA drivers and both the Keysight (HP Agilent) and NI GPIB devices, you will need to enable:
Complete the steps in the following document to enable NIVISATulip.dll: Using Both NI GPIB and Keysight HPIB Controllers in the Same System
Complete the following steps to enable NI 488.2, depending on the Connection Expert Version you have.
Note: During Version 17.x, the software name changed from Agilent Connection Expert to Keysight Connection Expert.
Keysight Connection Expert 17.x steps:
1. Under the Settings tab, select Options»Keysight 488 Options.
2. Check Enable Keysight GPIB cards for 488 programs.
Agilent Connection Expert 16.x and 15.x steps:
1. Select Tools»Agilent 488 from the pulldown menu.
2. Select the Agilent 488 Options tab.
3. Check Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs.
Agilent Connection Expert 14.x steps:
1. Under the Tools»Options Agilent 488 Options from the pulldown menu.
2. Check Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs.
This method only applies to Keysight/Agilent/HP's IEEE 488 interface cards.If you are unable to communicate with your device and a VISA test panel in NI MAX fails, check the physical connections. If you are using a Keysight instrument with a NI GPIB-USB-HS, try adding a GPIB connector between the instrument and GPIB-USB-HS.
Thank you for your feedback.
You changed your response to Not Helpful
You changed your response to Helpful
Collaborate with other users in our discussion forums
A valid service agreement may be required, and support options vary by country.