In order to use the NI-VISA drivers and both the Keysight (HP Agilent) and NI GPIB devices, you will need to enable:
Complete the steps in the following document to enable NIVISATulip.dll: Using Both NI GPIB and Keysight HPIB Controllers in the Same System
Complete the following steps to enable NI 488.2, depending on the Connection Expert Version you have.
Note: During Version 17.x, the software name changed from Agilent Connection Expert to Keysight Connection Expert.
1. Under the Settings tab, select Options»Keysight 488 Options.
2. Check Enable Keysight GPIB cards for 488 programs.
1. Select Tools»Agilent 488 from the pulldown menu.
2. Select the Agilent 488 Options tab.
3. Check Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs.
1. Under the Tools»Options Agilent 488 Options from the pulldown menu.
2. Check Enable Agilent GPIB cards for 488 programs.
This method only applies to Keysight/Agilent/HP's IEEE 488 interface cards.If you are unable to communicate with your device and a VISA test panel in NI MAX fails, check the physical connections. If you are using a Keysight instrument with a NI GPIB-USB-HS, try adding a GPIB connector between the instrument and GPIB-USB-HS.If these steps do not work then please contact National Instruments Technical Support.
Collaborate with other users in our discussion forums
A valid service agreement may be required, and support options vary by country.
Thank you for your feedback.
You changed your response to Not Helpful
You changed your response to Helpful