You can resolve this installation issue by completing the following steps:
- Cancel the installer. You will see an error dialog confirming the cancellation. Microsoft's Visual C++ 2015 Run-Time will still be running in the background.
- If possible, stop Windows Update and disable it.
- Restart the machine.
- Try to install the software again
- If Windows Update was disabled, re-enable it.
If above steps didn't work, try the following:
- Stop the Windows Update via the Windows Services.
- Restart the installer.
- Start the Windows Update via the Windows Services.