Product Activation is a process which enables full features of a NI software license. There are a few different ways to activate your product.
- The easiest way to activate automatically using the NI Activation Wizard.
- Note: This method requires an internet connection for the computer in which the product is installed.
- If you do not have internet access currently, you can activate NI software without an internet connection using an activation code.
- This can be completed by generating a code on another computer that does have internet access or by calling NI Support to have a code generate for you. NI verifies the purchase and generates an activation code that unlocks the product for full use. This code can then be used to activate a product on a computer without internet access.
- You will need to provide a valid serial number, product version, name, organization, computer ID, and email address.
Product Registration connects your NI products with your User Profile on NI.com. Registration facilitates technical support for those products, ensures that you receive important updates from NI, and grants access to self-paced online training. While registration is not required to activate, it is highly recommended.
Starting with products released in August 2012, registration of your products has been integrated with the NI Activation Wizard. When you activate your NI software, you may also register those products
online to your MyNI User Profile.